Monday, January 5, 2015

Burlington, VT

I spent the past weekend in Burlington, VT, at One-of-A Kind Bed and Breakfast, where proprietor Maggie Sherman has created a lovely oasis right on Lake Champlain. Burlington is the kind of place I could imagine settling down for the long haul. Seems like the kind of college town where adults still manage to have social lives and do things with their children other than attend soccer games––that's another topic, though, because I have serious anxiety about raising children in the suburbs of the very boring city where I live.

But in the meantime, check out Maggie's website. She is a former artist and true local and will ofter great hospitality:

http://www.oneofakindbnb.com

We stayed in the suite, and I felt right at home. The only problem was that it reignited my deep, deep, desire to own and renovate a house someday.  Someday.



No comments:

Post a Comment