Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Guys, Patti Smith...

Guys, Patti Smith has earned a Golden Globe nomination for her song––they are calling it a lullaby "Mercy Is," which she produced for Darren Aronofsky's "Noah."

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/08/movies/awardsseason/subversive-and-smart-scores-raise-the-volume-in-oscar-talk.html

Think this can't be beat, oh, but it can. Patti covering Rihanna's Stay––one of my secret favorite songs (possibly of all time)––live at Webster Hall in December 2013. I hope she takes this one to the studio. And the real question becomes, where have I been?  Living under a rock? I have not listened to the song about thirty times on repeat. It is so beautiful.

Here you go my pretties:

http://www.thestar.com/entertainment/stargazing_blog/2014/01/patti_smith_sings_rihanna_s__stay_.html

And I know it is superficial, but leave it to Patti to be just on-trend enough to get a god-damn lob and make it look utterly incredible. Can I be just one drop like her by the time I'm 68?  I am in love:


What I really love about Patti Smith is her quiet authenticity.

No comments:

Post a Comment